See the most important parts of New Orleans in one hour!
New Orleans Native Tours created the 1 Hour City Tour so guests without a lot of time can still see the main highlights of our city. The tour allows guests to experience the many eclectic neighborhoods New Orleans has to offer, such as the French Quarter, Garden District, Lakeview, and the Warehouse District.
Learn about our city’s history, architecture, culture and more while one of our licensed tour guides drives you around the city.
On our one hour tour you will see Jackson Square, Katrina Levee breach, Garden District, Super Dome, Cemeteries, Lake Pontchartrain, WWII Museum and Magazine St.
- The One Hour City Tour meets at a central location in the French Quarter three times a day, 10am, 1pm, and 4pm.
- The tour departs in one of our new air conditioned mini busses with groups no larger than 25.
- The bus driver and licensed tour guide talks about the city’s history, architecture, culture, and festivities while passing by many New Orleans landmarks and neighborhoods.
- First the guide will drive the group through the French Quarter past Jackson Square, St Louis Cathedral, and Café du Monde before showing the group the famous New Orleans French Market.
- Once the tour leaves the French Quarter the guide will take the group down Esplanade Avenue through the Treme and Mid City neighborhoods.
- The tour will pass by St. Louis Cemetery #3 and others as the guide talks about our unique above ground burial system.
- Later the tour will travel along Lake Pontchartrain before crossing a canal and viewing the largest levee breach during Hurricane Katrina.
- After this portion of the tour the bus will take guests past the Mercedes Benz Superdome site of super bowls and home of our beloved New Orleans Saints.
- The last portion of the tour takes guests down St Charles Avenue, the Buckner Mansion seen in American Horror Story, and the eclectic shops on Magazine St before passing through the Warehouse District and WWII museum.
- The tour guide will then drop guests back off at the meeting point while offering some local recommendations for food, music, and nightlife.
- All of this in only one hour allows guests to see much of our city with plenty of time to get out there and experience it for themselves.